Saturday, August 06, 2005

So, here I am, on dial-up, again, in the middle of the night, with Juliane's (normally sophisticated) mother (currently sporting a 25-year old orange tube-top) running her speech past me. It's a rambly speech. I didn't like it, and I told her it had no flow. She agreed, but I'm not sure she'll be able to change it.

Okay, so now she's gone to bed and I'm the last one awake, as per last night. What am I doing tonight? Tonight, I am printing each programme one at a time, making sure they print correctly on both sides, and fighting with Primus. I can't tell if it is the service provider or the all-in-one printer that keeps dropping the connection, but which ever it is, it's really annoying. At any rate, I've been working on these programmes for most of the evening. First designing them, and by the time I'm done, three quality hours futzing with the printer. When I asked her two weeks ago if she needed help with programmes or anything because I do graphic design, she said, "Ya, maybe..." I didn't expect to be doing them at nearly 2am the night before the wedding. Heh. Silly me. I should have known better. :)

So, returning to the Reunion from last weekend...

Saturday, last week, was the traditional trip to the Renaissance Faire. Of course, the company that ran it pulled out, so it's now a pared down event, at a new location (the Royal Botanical Gardens), that was cobbled together in three weeks. COnsidering this, they did a really tremendous job. Sadly, Zoltan was not performing, so I'll have missed him this year, but that's okay. I enjoyed the joust, which although also pared down, was really entertaining. A neat thing was that we got to meet "Jake the Jousting Horse" afterward. Much more fun for the family. I played at archery, which was terribly amusing, especially when I set about distracting my friend, Gareth, with the threat (which I made good on) of pinching his bum. It was very fun. Rick bought a sword - Chinese militia - which made him happy, and I ... I bought food. I didn't even find a nice hip belt for Tracy's wedding. Oh well. :/ Maybe I will find one somewhere else. Maybe. Something will turn up.

Anyway, dinner was good, of course, with barbequed goodness, and the joy of my friend Kelly hanging around with her newish boyfriend, whom I had not met. I liked him a great deal. Much fun was had around the campfires, with everyone sort of mingling between sites, moving from one fire to another, taking the drinks and marshmallows with them. Jen and Gareth stayed up rather late (until dawn?) drinking, and two other friends, Adrian and Karen crashed in the tent with Rick and myself. Aside from some people talking too loudly, I can't really complain about anything much.

But now, I'll sign off again, because the programmes are almost done and I desperately need to go to bed. Don Quixote can wait until tomorrow (yes, I'm reading it, finally).