Friday, August 05, 2005

Well, since I'm wide awake and sitting at a computer, dial-up internet connexion or not, I figure I might as well start talking about the Reunion a bit.

I arrived at the campground around midnight, maybe a little earlier, maybe a little later, with the bride and two of her other bridesmaids in the car with me. They asked if I knew where the campsite was. I hadn't a clue, but I saw a group of men that looked like RoD types - geeky, half of them over weight, drinking profusely - so I said, "Stop and I'll ask these guys."

"Are you guys with RoD?" I called out from the car and they turned to look, one of them saying, "OF COURSE !" So out I hopped, hugging the other girls and giving Juli a kiss before bounding off to look for Rick et al. I didn't have to look far, because even in the dark, Rick's drunken tones carried easily. I found him a couple campsites in and he ... well, it was something like a cross between a hug and clambering all over me. I think it was meant with love.

I made my rounds and introduced myself to people I hadn't ever met before, and hugged and kissed those I knew. I love going to the reunions because of the variety of people and the freedom to be yourself. This is a very forgiving social group. Here we are, a bunch of people drawn together in a fantasy game for various reasons, from all around the world, with no particular care as to how anyone appears in reality. At the reunions, fat people, skinny people, shy people, boisterous people can all come together without the fear of being ridiculed or ostracised. It's truly amazing.

At any rate, the event had begun. I was in my happy place.

More to come. I have to muck stalls in the morning with Juli before we can go for our manicures. GOod thing I brought jeans and boots. *laugh* You'd think I'd been here before. *laugh* Good happy memories.