Wednesday, September 17, 2003

You know you've had a long day at the office when you get home over ten hours after you arrived. And I didn't just surf the web, heck no. When I left, there was still no Internet access. My day wasn't all writing letters, of course. A----- made my life exciting as usual, dragging me off to his parents' house so he could do something while I made up cute and effective signage for the office. "This is a safe. Please do not lock yourself in," for instance. Ya, we have safes/vaults in the office. Damn, it's cool. I mean, not just one safe, no, FOUR. Yeah, baby. We've designated one for crying and one for making out. Well, that's what they have told me, anyway. Boy could it be embarrassing if you mix them up.

I'm currently enjoying Penn and Teller's Magic and Mystery Tour on the CBC. I'm not a big fan of Penn and Teller, usually, because I find them somewhat obnoxious (but less so than David Copperfield - except in interviews). This, however, is quite enjoyable. Today's episode have the duo in China learning of the Chinese magical (and acrobatic) tradition. Seeing these two Vegasites interacting with all walks of Chinese life, especially the rural magicians, is really enjoyable. Teller performed the pin trick (you know, the one where he swallows a hundred pins or something and then a piece of thread, then brings it all back up, every needle threaded) and the village for which he performed was thrilled, disgusted, and all sorts of things in between. Keen. I expected them to be a less respectful than they are, but really, they're behaving in a most responsible sort of way.

Anyway, I think it's about time that I give a Kitty Front update. Looking back, the cats are relating to each other in a much more civil sort of way. This does not mean there isn't hissing and some amount of chasing, but on the whole, they're getting along. In fact, yesterday, when Willi and I returned from the Petes, Tobe greeted Willi with a cordial bum sniff that did not cause Willi to panic. There is chasing, but sometimes it's almost playful. And, most importantly, they can now sit for long periods of time within a few feet of each other and not care. Actually, they can eat in each others' presence now, as well. It's bloody spectacular.