Thursday, September 11, 2003

I've spent the day in my nightgown feeling sick. So much for my productive day of work. I had a productive day of sleeping and surfing. I smell like I've been sick. It's that close sort of sweaty smell. Bleh. I must have myself a shower.

One of my favourite films is on the CBC right now, After Life. It's a beautiful Japanese film that is very hard to describe. I was quite sure that I had written of it in my weblog before, but I'm not finding anything when I search for it. It is very unlike anything out of the Western style of film-making and many people cannot grasp it, they think it's slow, or boring... It's neither, but it is different. It is a beautiful film full of emotion and honesty, set in a waystation in the hereafter where people come when they've died. It's lovely that it is on and I have already shed tears even though I came in mid-way and while doing other things.

Anyway, in other news, I helped clean up the new office that we have for the campaign. It's a marvelous space in an old bank. It was filthy, though, and I got there two hours after the cleaning party began, so it must have been utterly disgusting before then. Anyway, I worked up a nice sweat and then we went and sat on a patio, which is quite likely how I'm now sick. Tomorrow, though, I have to be healthy, or at least more functional than I am now.

So, things have been alright. I'm busy enough to avoid thinking about things, but of course, today, not being busy, I've spent a lot of the evening thinking about things. I don't want to talk about it, though. I kind of feel like I'm in a waystation of emotions and when I figure out where I'm at, I can move on from here, where ever that is.