Sunday, September 07, 2003

Eep, I've left everyone in the lurch as to my Primerica adventures. I am sorry, but life sort of jumped up and Blogger had a hiccup and anyway, I am NOT the newest Primerica agent afterall. I received an email from a friend-of-a-friend talking about her experience with the company and it was very interesting, but I'd already delivered my spiel to my rep. I did it by phone, mostly because I couldn't be bothered making the trek up to Steeles and Keele yet again. Here's an excerpt from the email I received.

Unless you are ready to start your own business, don't bother. Asides from
the pyramid-ness of it (which is the same way a realtor's office works, in
terms of the agents get a cut, and the owner of that office gets a cut on
their sales), it is a lot of hard work. You will go and see potential
clients who will turn you down when you could make a great difference in
their lives. And if they're family, you get to continually hear how
they're digging themselves deeper. And it will drive you crazy...


Here's a bit from my response:

I do plan on owning my own business, and as a freelancer, I sort of do already,
minus the employees, but there are other ways to learn about how to succeed
without Primerica's pyramidish set-up. Frankly, though, when I was ending my
conversation with my rep today, he asked after, I'd finished explaining why I was
backing out, if I knew any one else who might be interested in joining Primerica.


So there you have it. That last bit is the most telling.

Anyway, I'll catch you up on the other stuff soon enough, but right now, I'm at the ROM.