Thursday, September 11, 2003

Last night, not feeling sleepy as I'd woken up at about three in the afternoon, I went back and read some of the first log entries I'd ever written. This stemmed from my searching for mention of After Life, which I guess I must have seen prior to keeping a weblog. I find it funny that I might have had a life prior to Meanderings. On the patio, two nights ago, N---- and R----- asked me whether I updated it every day and how could I come up with so much to talk about. I was thinking about that, too, and it is pretty impressive. Early on in my weblogging experience, I wrote more, but I had more time, I think, even though I was in school at Seneca and working away and whatnot, but I did; I wrote more. I'm not sure I had anything terribly important to say, but I viewed Meanderings as a narrative outreach because I had so little time to actually talk to people. I still think I write well, but I write with much more of a clipped style with shorter entries and more fluff.

Today, my day started around 10:45, which is pretty impressive considering the hour at which I finally fell asleep, but not as early as I had intended to rise. I was going to get some work done at the office before going to meet Wawa at the AGO, but still feeling a bit under the weather, and posessed of the knowledge that I have all day to work in the office tomorrow, I shirked my responsibilities. I really will be in the office all day tomorrow, though, writing letters and listening to music. I might even go in tonight, depending on what time my social calling is done. Anyway, the appartment was being shown again so I had to be awake for the agent. It's quite embarrassing when you forget that strangers will be parading through your home and you're still in bed. Heehee, well, it's embarrassing for them, at any rate. I have managed to avoid climbing back into bed, too, which is impressive. Doing the dishes and tidying my room made good reasons to stay up, and now writing this.

Rick asked me if I would be going to the US Consulate today to mark September Eleventh and I told him that I wouldn't be going. Not because I would not like to commemorate the attacks, but because I do not want to appear to show support for the current US governmental regime. I do not support them, or it, but I do commemorate the victims and heroes of the attack itself. Forgetting is something few will be able to do. So, no, I have no intention of putting flowers or anything at the Consulate. The next time I go there will be in order to find out how to register my vote so that I can do my part to rid the world of the current President. There you have it.

One thing that is quite irritating is that I've left my phone/address book at A----'s house and it is currently burried under heaps of stuff to be moved into the awesome new office space. I can't get at it. Very frustrating. For instance, I was going to call Carrie at work today, but then realised that since I do not have her phone number there memorised, it just wasn't going to happen. I don't know how I managed to leave it, but I've been a real flake for the last month. I wish I could blame it on hormones or something, but I really can't. I have managed to lock my keys in my car, leave the cottage with the canoe key, lock A---- out of his house because I left his keys INside on his desk, AND now I've left my phonebook there as well. In my whole life, I've never been this flakey. Never.

Anyway, mark your calendars, Talk Like a Pirate Day is coming.


You are The Cap'n!


Some men are born great, some achieve greatness and some slit the throats of any man that stands between them and the mantle of power. You never met a man you couldn't eviscerate. Not that mindless violence is the only avenue open to you - but why take an avenue when you have complete freeway access? You are the definitive Man of Action. You are James Bond in a blousy shirt and drawstring-fly pants. Your swash was buckled long ago and you have never been so sure of anything in your life as in your ability to bend everyone to your will. You will call anyone out and cut off their head if they show any sign of taking you on or backing down. You cannot be saddled with tedious underlings, but if one of your lieutenants shows an overly developed sense of ambition he may find more suitable accommodations in Davy Jones' locker. That is, of course, IF you notice him. You tend to be self absorbed - a weakness that may keep you from seeing enemies where they are and imagining them where they are not.


What's Yer Inner Pirate?
brought to you by The Official Talk Like A Pirate Web Site. Arrrrr!