Tuesday, December 10, 2002

Here I am, sitting with Natasha, not getting what needs to be done dealt with. Fair enough, I've spoken to several people on the phone, including my friend Adam G_______ and discussing what work he wants me to do for him), and my friend Chris, who will be kind enough to drive me to the bus terminal tomorrow night. Yep, that's right, tomorrow night I'm boarding a bus and sitting in it for fifteen hours in order to go to Philadelphia. One of these times, I -will- get to Philly without a maxium of discomfort and with a visit that actually lasts more than a few days. Ya, the day I'm rich.

Which could happen if ILM loves me. Sorry, I'm laughing. If ILM replies to me, I'll be happy. Yes, I do mean Industrial Light and Magic. I sent out my portfolio and resume to them today because they are currently offering a storyboard/concept art position that I actually qualify for. Anyway, I got all nervous about submitting it, and I paid through the nose (over 18 bucks, which considering my current financial status seemed like an awful lot) to get it sent out. The woman in the postal outlet kept trying to get me to take the pages out of the folder so that they could fit in the cheaper envelope, despite my explanation that "it has to go in the folder - it's a portfolio... for a job... No, it has to stay in the folder, really". Anyway, it was a good portfolio. Maybe ILM will take notice. Ray, Mom, and about three people at work today all gave it their approval. I bought a special portfolio thing to take into interviews, too, which I will eventually fill with copious amounts of art. I also bought a new sketchbook for the trip and a new fine-tipped ink pen since someone pushed the tip of my old one up inside the nib.

I'm really tired. I was going to go into the fun things I did this weekend, but I just don't have the energy. Perhaps tomorrow, on a break at work. Now is the time for packing things. Packing. I should make a list.

Six pairs underwear.
Five pairs socks.
Two bras.
Three tee-shirts, two long-sleeved shirts.
One button-down.
One loud tie.
One pair jeans.
One pair loud plaid pants.
Nightgown.
Blanket and towel? Possibly.
One pair each of boots and sneakers.
Toiletries.
Medication.
Snuffles.
Camera, film.
Sketchbook, pencil case.
Prints, artist bio, cards.
Art, carefully wrapped.
CD player, musical selection.
Sisters' presents.
Sandwiches, etc.

I think that should do it. Chances are, I'll think of a couple other items tomorrow at work.