Friday, December 06, 2002


It's a beautiful day in the neighbourhood... It really is, and I don't need Mr. Rogers to tell me so. It's bright and sunny, cold, but not too cold, and I feel sort of holiday festive. On a day like this, I'm sorry to be cooped up in here. Good thing I have an excuse to go for a little walk later, Rick and I are going for lunch. I still don't know where to go, but I'll ask around. Someplace affordable, but nice, is my preference. Ania will know. She's eaten all over this neighbourhood.

Al and Carrie loved the invitation. I'm quite pleased, and yet, not really surprised. Labours of love transcend art. I did forget to bring over the paper I thought would be good for the RSVPs, but well, I guess it can wait. Anyway, they want the invitations by Christmas, which is good, since my plan of having them done by Monday has been foiled by their priest who still hasn't told them what time their wedding is at. Silly priest. Not having to play with Letraset tonight means that I can start concepting Tracy's commission. I have to get it done.

Okay, I just spoke to Ania and she recommended a couple of sushi places in Yorkville, but I'm not sure I feel like fish. There's an all-you-can-eat Indian buffet called The Host, which everyone seems to really enjoy and it's affordable, she says, so perhaps we'll go there. I've never eaten there. It will be a new and exciting experience. Ania said, and I quote, "Don't wear tight pants when you go there - make sure there's room in the waist." Sounds like my kind of place.

Speaking of eating, it appears that I've put on my winter weight. My problem is that come spring, I don't lose it. *laugh* It seems to have happened quite suddenly, as only a couple of weeks ago, everything was fitting just fine. Nick says my chubbiness is cute. Rick doesn't seem to mind whether I'm thinner or thicker so long as it's me, but I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, it sort of upsets me that I just seem to gain all the time, and on the other, I sort of think I wear it quite well. I don't know. I'm not going to worry about it just yet, not with Christmas coming, anyway afterall, isn't that what January's for?