Tuesday, August 27, 2002

The Fangirl.

Okay. It's becoming a thing. *grin* I kind of like it. Each time it happens, it's a different person, which makes it that much cooler. A young woman, maybe early 20s, came to my booth, where I'd pinned two prints to the tablecloth, one being the illustration from Waterloo (Obi in leather pants with microphone, being backed up by Mace, Qui-Gon, and Yoda in platform boots). She stopped, cracked up and the dialogue went much like this:

Meagan: That looks like -
Me: It is.
Meagan: From the -
Me: Sith Academy.
Meagan: Ya ! It's from -
Me: Ishyko's "Waterloo".
Meagan: Are you...?
Me: Maya, Mad Mambolica. Greetings.
Meagan: Wow ! I love your stuff !

It went from there and, ultimately, she bought the print and asked me to sign it. Cool eh? I rather thought so. She was actually a lot less gushy than my other two fangirls (ever) have been. But boy, was she ever pleased. Me too.

I will finish this progression of stories sometime later.