Monday, June 17, 2002

Today I have a headache. I have a bad feeling about it, as though it will evolve into a migraine. It's in my right temple and my eyes are getting sensitive. Damn. Oh well, on a positive note, I might get to leave work early. *frown* Oh, this is funny: I got a letter from HR today announcing that I was no longer on probation and would therefore be getting a 38 cent raise. Hello? Off probation? I worked my 420 hours or six months (whichever comes first) AGES ago. I might have to look into this, but in the mean time, 38 more cents an hour will add up over the course of a day. I might be able to afford a medium icecream with sprinkles instead of a small.

I went home to the Petes because Mom was running a garage sale, for which Suzanne had specifically flown up from New York. Suzanne is a garage sale maven. Anyway, it was very nice to see Suzanne, whom I had not seen since my trip to NY with Megan in May 1998. It's hard to believe that we went over four years ago. Surely time doesn't elapse so quickly, does it? Anyway, the garage sale went very well, the object of it not one of money, but one of getting rid of all the crap. At the end, there was very little left to throw away, so, that goal was met and the money made was pretty good too. It was amazing, though. The garage sale was scheduled to begin at 9am ("No earlybirds" it said in the ad), but we'd sold about half of the items by 9:30am because people turned up at a quarter past eight in the morning while we were still setting up. People are insane.

We watched a wonderful film called Smoke Signals. It's hard to express how it made me feel. It was tragic, but very funny, and the story resolves beautifully. I liked it very much and am happy that Suzanne recommended it.

Yesterday, I had to leave the Petes before 10am in order to get Willi back to the appartment and then me to Heretic. It was a quick and painless drive except for Willi who insisted on vocalising her discomfort for almost the entire trip. Work was pretty slow, and though Derek's friend, Badur dropped in and was his charming self, and some woman came in and told me about an interesting sounding event at Fort York in January (Queen Charlotte's Birthday Ball), overall, nothing much happened. I did a very queer drawing of a clown, perhaps he'll be the clown in the mod Derek and I are doing. He's in a thong. And you thought regular clowns were scary.

Oh man, does my head ever ache. My break is over and I think I'll get back to work. I hope to manage to last until 2pm, but frankly, it's not looking good.