Tuesday, June 18, 2002

So, yes, it was a migraine. Big freakin' surprise. I left work at one o'clock in the afternoon. I just packed up my things and told Debbie that I had to go because of my head. She understands, she gets them too. I came home and lay down. I slept intermitantly from 1:30pm to 8pm. I missed going to Derek's for mod work, but he understands, too. I had the typical wacky dreams I have when I'm suffering, including one about Stacey at work, probably because she was the last person that I clearly laid eyes on. When I woke up, I wasn't well enough to clean my room or deal with the remaining boxes of shite, so, I thumbed through a book on the painter, Turner, which I bought for a ridiculously low price at City Books yesterday (also one on Art Deco, a book for Rick, and a Mercedes Lackey novel for me). I read about his early life and then got up to have some cereal. Nick's milk isn't exactly fresh, but it's not exactly sour yet, so I figured I wouldn't die from it. I didn't. It was that or chicken broth. I have no food. Following that, I listened to the radio and played with Willi, and then I turned on Natasha to play Dungeon Siege. I also called Rick to let him know I was okay.

Tanya took my challenge to heart and really only succeeded in proving that grad students have too much time on their hands by listing the whole Hi-Ho commercial in story order and with translations for various words. Okay, Tanya, you're nuts. But not as nuts as these guys. And, if you just need to see it again, without the figleaves, here you go.

Nick is away in Philadelphia, and I'm not sure when he comes home, but this weekend, I think. The house is bizarrely quiet. Well, usually it's bizarrely soundly. He left me his drawing palette to play with, but I haven't had the gumption (and tonight I couldn't drag about on the floor on my hands and knees thanks to my head) to hook it up. Maybe if I don't end up going to the movie with Ryan tomorrow, I'll do it after the ROM. I really want to play with it. It's exciting. It's also very pretty in warm grey and red. Uhg. I should go back to bed, I feel like I've been licking fuzzy caterpillars, partially because I'm woozy and they're toxic, and partially because my mouth feels like it's full of fluff. Bad tasting fluff. If I feel this way in the morning, I'm going to phone my boss. Hopefully I won't have to. I really need the money.