Friday, February 22, 2002

There was some confusion on Rick's part about the whole talking/kissing comment from the last entry. I did NOT smooch Evelyn, nor did it cross my mind. I only say such things to make Nick blush. It's cute when he blushes. So, nyah.

Last night I dreamt about working at the ROM tomorrow (today). It was not a pleasant dream. It was about myself and the other people being tormented by the Evil One, our manager, and how we came together to bring justice upon him. We entered into a group meeting with Ania, and explained our hurts and angers, humiliation and depression. It was vivid and full of my dislike, liberally coating everyone's opinions. We lamented, cried, pleaded, accused... All under the dirty yellow light of too many old institutions. Ania listened and nodded, and we hoped that we would be vindicated, that the Evil One's behaviour would be punished. Sadly, it was not to be the case. Some quite, some returned to work, but all of us were broken individuals now, our hope obliterated.

Nice, eh? On that note, I get to go into work tomorrow to face him. Won't that be pleasant.

Tonight, Rick joined Nick, Evelyn and myself for dinner at Insomnia. It was fantabulous. It followed on an amazingly unexciting day at Heretic. I began it at Java, eating brunch with Nick and Evelyn. They came to the store following that, and we called Arthur. After a bit of a wait, Arthur arrived bearing leases for us to read over and sign. What wacky leases, too, all gothic in speech with referrences to water closets and... pianolas. Bizarre, but a fine lease, nonetheless. So it was signed and Arthur went on his way, and Nick and Evelyn lingered, and then he went to work and she went out into the wet world in search of adventures. I sat alone in the store for another three hours. No one came in. Then Evelyn came back, and soon after, Nick. And then much trying on of clothing and taking pictures with Nick's fancy camera.

I must have the plaid corset.

Then dinner. Rick saw the pictures of me in the corset and he decided he would buy it for me... eventually, and then he saw the picture of Nick in the waist cincher and robin hood... and he was afraid. It was scary. And I've already told you dinner was great, which it was, and now I'm home and not yet sleepy.