Tuesday, January 15, 2002

Sleeping at school - there's nothing like it. Nope. The first ten minutes of lying on the lounge couch is riddled with people coming up to me and saying, "Are you sleeping?" No, tard-muffin, because people like you are bothering me ! But usually I just ignore them because eventually they go away. Then, an hour or so, later I wake up and stumble, bleary-eyed and lip-smacking into my computer room and Larry (the director) says, "Hey Maya, nice nap?" Ya, bloody fabulous, thanks, and only another hour and a half left to go before my rendering is completed.

What did I do today? Well, I went for lunch, which is a bit of misnomer, since I didn't really eat anything worth mentioning. I did have a tasty bowl of soup from the Greek place in the mall food court - it had both chicken AND plantains in it ! Yummy. So, that was the first bit of food I've eaten since yesterday morning, because the broth I downed at 5:30am doesn't count. Yellow water with hint-of-chicken has very little nutritive value. Then I bought some boot dubbin and proceeded to pollish my boots for twenty minutes. Then I went on the MUD for twenty minutes... and then I decided it was time for a nap. I do feel better, because of it, and I think I could even stand a snack from the over priced vending machine upstairs.

I've got about another hour of rendering to go, and then I'll put it all in Premiere and watch it hopefully NOT screw up. :) Hopefully. I'd really like to catch "Buffy" tonight if it's at all possible.

Oh, in other news, briefly, Larry came in and asked me if I was still interested in TA'ing because one person might be taking a *real* job. I certainly said yes, or rather, I looked up at him sort of blankly, mouth slightly ajar and nodded. Good enough. I won't get my hopes up, though, until I actually get the call. But, it means I'll be able to shift some work around - maybe take a leave-of-absense from the ROM, or something. Okay, snack time.