Thursday, December 20, 2001

In this moment of frustration, it seems fitting that I write a little in my weblog, just to keep any unwashed masses that might be reading it, something fresh. Alloisius is not coming along nicely. I fear I'm doomed. There seems only one solution, and that is doing him again, except that would mean doing his blendshapes and lip synch all over, too. But he's really not moving nicely. One way I could fix him, I think, is to stay very focused on his face in the final edit. His lip synch IS good. Really good. It made Daniele say, "Wow," which is special, especially since I had never done my own synch before. I think that will be the only solution, now that I think about it. I don't have the time to redo him. Period.

Last night, of course, "Fellowship of the Ring" opened, to much (and well deserved) aclaim. I was, of course, there - many of those who know me, might think it strange at my eagerness to see the film considering how late I came to read the book (this past year) and by my disdain for Tolkien's lack of worthwhile women. Anyway, I was there, semi-garbed, even. I wore one of my traditional puffy-sleeved shirts (the one with the soft sleeves), a velvet vest, my black dragon-spiked arm-greaves, and my cloak. The rest was just black pants and docs. The usual. I was sorry to note that in the whole theatre, I was the only one in garb. I guess people downtown are just too cool for that.

I'll skip over the jerks who took some people's seats in the row behind us, because they only made us (being myself, Rick, Ryan, Al, and Carrie) mad, and finally after the management was called, they sorted things out. Or didn't, anyway, the fuss stopped and the lights went dark. I will now say what Nick said to me, because he was dead on: "They got it right." Sure, the film was not entirely true to the text. Okay, some purists might not like some things being left out, and other things being adapted, but... wow. They got it right. And it was... so... right. I might go see it again tomorrow with a MUD friend (Eldygar) after we do lunch, but perhaps not. He saw it today and wasn't entirely sure he loved it... I suppose he's a purist. Oh well.

Time for me to return to making do with Alloicius. *sigh*