Friday, November 30, 2001

I got so many things done, today. Goodness, considering I woke up so late in the day, I've rather surprised myself. I had a leisurely breakfast and whatnot, before heading out into the bleakness of late November, and I must add, that though it was a sucky day, it was still warm. Really, it's been overly warm since just before Hallowe'en. Seems weird, but as we all know, living in Canada makes for weird weather. Anyway, I went to my bank and got my loan documents filled in, then headed for the post outlet at the UofT Koffler Centre. I stopped at She Said Boom, a lovely second-hand books and records store where the staff is knowledgeable and pleasant - not snotty like so many other places. I bought a book there which will make a lovely present (therefore I won't discuss the book's content) and the fellow at the counter (I think it was the owner) said as he gave me my change, "Wait, no, I want this book. Find a different one of equal or lesser value !" And I wrestled it out of his hands. Then we chatted for a while.

After handing in my documents at the Koffler Centre and buying leads for my 0.7mm pencils, which have all been suffering from lack-of-leadedness lately, and a new mechanical 0.5mm pencil, I continued along College St until Henry St. I turned south and then strolled along Baldwin and had some tasty food from the Chinese Dim Sum pastry shop. Then I made my way through the winding sidestreets to City Hall to renew my parking permit. They were setting up for the Cavalcade of Lights with people skating on the mushy ice and people in costumes being merry with glo-sticks. There were all these crafty shopping booths, which I'll return to because there were some nice handmade ornaments. It was merry. If it had been cold and snowy, it would have been better. I went to the Snail - the Silver Snail, that is - and bought myself the reissue of Akira 1-6, and further presents. Then I went to Heretic and helped Nicole and Sandra make gift baskets and to set up for the heavy leather display coming in tomorrow. I stayed late, and Sandra's going to make me a furry sweater. I'm pleased.

Now I'm home and am waiting for Ryan to drop by at this late hour to go for a coffee. He seems needing to talk or something, so I will oblidge. I haven't seen him in a dog's breakfast - er, AGE - anyway, so he deserves some attention. Toodles.