Wednesday, October 24, 2001

It's been a long day. I've been up since about 6:30am. I had to get up so very early because I was waylaid at Rick's last night. It was a nice evening, I must say, but an early morning in order for me to commute from his house to mine, and from mine to school. It's not terribly surprising that I'm so tired tonight. Actually, it's surprising because I'm NOT all that tired. I don't get me.

Techknight came over tonight with the intention of looking at my webpage files. Dreamweaver was apparently getting confused, and though I troubleshot it at length, I could not get it to work. It's working now, thanks to the talents of TK, and hopefully I won't forget how to make it continue to work. TK never just comes over to fix my computer, though, no siree, he comes to eat hearty dinners of Indian and Thai repast, and to watch the ever important anime. He has more anime floating around his appartment than anyone I know. That says quite a bit, as well, since I am surrounded by animeholics. Scary people, they are. Er. Doh !

We watched the Cowboy Bebop movie, ahhh, the sweet joys of fansubbing, and it was FANTASTIC. Oh my goodness, it was delicious. We tried to figure out where in the series timeline the movie would fit, and ended up deciding that it had to be in the first half of the series. Who cares? It's fantasy, right? Fudging timelines are easily accpeted so long as the stories are good, and the art is stylish and, well, sharp. As usual, the sound-track rocks. I don't mean of anime in particular, though many recent series have had some sharp musical scores, but Cowboy Bebop is just beautifully scored, at least as good as the writing, art and timing. And such a stylish piece, too. I think I may have said that. If not, well, I'll say it again at some other point. I am a big fan of stylish, well written, well scored anime, and well, most animation from where ever in the world it comes. Animation is wonderful. It makes me remember that people don't all suck, and that so long as creativity remains, and people are allowed to think beyond the status quo, the world cannot possibly spiral into the pit of despair that it often seems to be heading. Imagination is a gift.

It's much too late to start a rant about the ills of the world, and the wonders of imagination, though, so perhaps I'll move on.

Nick is leaving for most of a week as of tomorrow. He's going to visit Evelyn out in Nova Scotia, and though I will miss him, it's not like he's going to be in stinky Chicago for three months. Phew. I'd hate for that to happen again. I suppose while he is gone, I'll have to do my Maya homework alone. Bah, sometimes I think I get more done without him around, though he certainly clears my head and shows me wonderous new ways of doing. Also, I have so much fun when we get together for tutorial sessions ! But all this eating with my friends will (if not already) make me fat. While he's gone, I'll be attending the Everything To Do With Sex show down at the exhibition grounds with Rick. We got VIP passes for it, which makes me question whether this makes us Very Important People, sexually speaking, or merely attendance-wise. How do you determine who is a VIP? I could make a tasteless joke about giving head to someone, but in that this has to do with a massive sex trade show, I'll just leave it at that, and let you think of it for yourselves. Oh ! Naughty, you ! Tsk. Dirty minds, all of you. Disgusting. I'm going to bed while you all take cold showers.