Tuesday, October 23, 2001

Well, class has been interesting up to this point (this point being lunch time), as we've been discussing rendering scenes. Lighting is interesting, you know? When we look around at things, we don't really notice how much lighting affects EVERYthing. For instance, it's not just light that bounces off every surface, but colour, too. Of course, colour is part of light, but we don't think of it. So, I set my green pen on a page of white paper, and the flourescent lights make everything bright, and then I look at my pen and realise that it causes a faint green hue to reflect off of it within its shadow on the paper. That's COOL. Light is cool.

What a dumb comment. Light is cool. Actually, it's bright, but nevermind.

Later, we're going to get into groups (oooo, group work) and work on a project that spoofs a movie of our choice. We have to storyboard it, and lay it down on paper before we start creating the structures and characters, or even think about animating it. As a group, we might actually be able to pull it off. Mostly, the class struggles on an individual level, but together, we smooth out the suckage bumps and fill in the holes with collective knowledge.

Speaking of knowledge, I got back my questionaire that I finally handed in yesterday (just a little late), and was pleasantly stunned. I got an amazing mark of 81% on it, which is 13% better than I did on the first questionaire two weeks ago. Daniele, my instructor, had nice things to write on it: "You know more than you think, or assume you know..." Hey, good things.