Saturday, July 28, 2007

B:4 Thinking about the CBC

Hmmm, my internet died there for a while. That was exciting. And not unusual. I thought that might be a problem. Well, I shall make this a lengthier post.

I am listening to the radio. CBC to be exact. It's what I pretty much listen to, all the time. I've been listening to the CBC since I was a kid. For Americans, it's kind of like NPR, or in Britain, it's kind of like the BBC.

I like the CBC, but I like CBC Yukon less than the other regions I've listened to. It tends to play much crappier music - more crappy rock, for instance, and never any thing classical. I also can't stand a couple of the hosts. I wonder if some of they actually have real training, or if, like many of the reporters up north, they just fell into the positions through happenstance.

Anyway, I'm a devout CBC listener and there aren't that many choices for radio here in Whitehorse, so I try to tailor my listening to avoid the more, uhhh, colloquial shows. The exception is the Mom Show (that's its very abbreviated name), but I guess it is a CBC North show, not specifically Yukon, and I love listening to all the truckers call in with their requests.

That'll do for now. I won't shut my laptop so hopefully my signal won't go kaput.