Friday, December 09, 2005

Nine more days at the Museum. Can I finish the exhibit? I have no idea, but here's hoping. I have a busy, fun weekend ahead of me. Tonight is the Museum's Christmas party at the King's Head. It took them a while to determine if I were more staff than volunteer (it's staff only, otherwise I'd have to pay), but they came through and decided that I was staff. Sort of. Whatever, I've stopped paying for coffee, but I don't get bus fare, so I'm still that hazy grey area of confusion. I'm... oh, I know, I'm unpaid staff. So, there is the party tonight, followed by bed. Then, tomorrow, during the day I have a social engagement (with the same girl from a few weeks ago, which didn't quite work out) for coffee and wandering. Then home again to get back to work.

I really wish I could stay. I'm starting to feel so at home at the Museum. Especially in Geology/Paleontology. I find myself following around the curator helping him do neat things. Today we photographed the enrolled trilobite that we're including in the exhibit. She (yes, I've given her a gender and name - Nahi) is really cute. I mean, this is the kind of fossil you can really get attached to with her big eyes and puffy cheeks. I mean, we're talking -cute-.

Education threw me a little cake and tea party on Wednesday. The manager baked a yummy cake (banana with chocolate icing) and I was given a little gift of a beautiful Native-styled bone and bead cuff. The leather is soft, and even though it's brown and they suggested I look at the black one in the store, it goes very nicely colour-wise with the leather cuff I already wear. It is the perfect souvenir for me. I was touched. The reason the party happened so early, too, is because my direct supervisor left on vacation yesterday and she really wanted to be able to say goodbye and thank me. Like I said, I was touched. :)