Monday, December 12, 2005

Need to buy something for someone but don't know what? Consider buying a print of one of my photographs. :) Yes, this is a shameless plug. But come on, everyone should have art on their walls. Why not make it mine? Hopefully in a day or two, a couple more prints will be available.

I'm dying of the heat - I don't know if it's the effects of my coffee, or the double set of socks and yoga pants beneath my jeans, but wow, I'm sweating. That's the thing, see, I left for work this morning knowing I was over dressed, but the weather forecast calls for falling temperatures through out the day. So, by the time I leave, I will no longer be over dressed. I'm talking about the weather again. *smacks head* Sorry.

Last night I got my international Christmas cards done, but I forgot them at home so I can't mail them today. Three cards to the UK, two cards to Holland, and one to Japan. And, amazingly, with the exception of one card, I've met all these people. I seem to have collected interesting people in my journey through life. Tomorrow I will write my cards to the Americans in my life, and hopefully by the end of the week I shall have all my Canadian cards sent out as well. I feel a little guilty because I can't afford to send anything nice to my sisters in NY, but I haven't had a pay cheque in four months and there just isn't anything left with which to spend, even if I could afford postage.

Friday night was the Manitoba Museum annual staff Christmas party. It was enjoyable and silly and I ended up staying far longer than I'd anticipated. Dinner was really delicious and the King's Head mixes a nice Bourbon Sour. Okay, let me make Rick happy here and say a Jack Sour. Jack Daniels -would- be a bourbon, but they do this weird thing with charcoal filtering and that makes it a tennessee whiskey, so they say. I am mildly confused by this, though, since technically, bourbon is a whiskey distilled from a mash of corn, malt, and rye and aged in charred oak barrels. So, Jack Daniels technically is a bourbon that de-bourbonises itself. Anyway, the Sours were -good- and they actually mixed them using shot glasses. Imagine that.

On Saturday, I managed not to inadvertantly stand up a friend from deviantArt and we had a very nice day wandering around and stopping for coffee. The wind was brutally cold, though, even though it wasn't actually as cold out as it has been. I don't love the feeling of having my skin flayed off, but you know, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Besides, in only a matter of days, I won't have to put up with it and I'll start complaining about the damp air and sucky slushy, wet snow. Heh.