Friday, October 14, 2005

RG
You have the Rossetti girl look. You are the kind
of girl pre-Raphaelite painters admired; tall,
slender, and fair as a lily flower. The
pre-Raphaelite girl had dramatic beauty; long
neck, large soulful eyes, full shapely mouth
and masses of wavy hair. The pre-Raphaelites
painted girls like this, they showed them in
dramatic situations dressed as famous
characters in legends, plays and poetry. The
favourite colours of the artists were russet,
green and gold. The following artists would
have loved to paint you; Holman Hunt, John
Everett Millais, Edward Burne-Jones, William
Morris and Dante Gabriel Rossetti.


'Pretty As A Picture' - Which Artist Would Paint You?
brought to you by Quizilla

I thought I'd start with a bit of space wasting, here, because I'm having such a hard time coming up with things to say. For someone who is rarely at a loss for words, not finding them when you want them is very distressing. While there are a number of things I would like to be talking about, foremost on my mind is Tracy's wedding tomorrow, and the speech that I haven't yet written. I don't know why it's so difficult to find the right words, but it is. Maybe I'm just in denial that my very best friend in the whole world is about to become someone's wife. I don't know, maybe it's because we've gone through so much together that it's awfully hard to limit myself to three minutes.

But, in the meantime, I'm sitting at home, on my bed, looking out my window at the leaf-strewn lawn and am very glad to be here. Winnipeg has been fun, minus the homesickness, but in the end, this is where my family is. As if to prove a point, Chester, who is usually glued to my mother, spent two hours in bed with me this morning. That was a special treat as my bed is particularly devoid of cat, with both Willi and Melody gone. I could have maybe lived without Chester drooling on me, but I know he drools with happiness, so that's somewhat comforting.

It's been a busy week, with going into Toronto for the bitter-sweet reunion of Rick and myself (which I don't feel much like writing about just now), taking my mother to see the orthopedic surgeon, and running errands related to the wedding (clothing, accessories, etc.) and to living (groceries, etc.). The time has been flying by and at the same time, I'm trying to slow it down as much as possible because part of me very much doesn't want to go back to Winnipeg. Heh. Ahh, well, when I return, it will only be two months and a week, and after being away for a month, I am positive I can handle being away for the extra time. And then I'm home and it's Christmas, and then out I go into the real world. I hope. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

So now, back to my speech.