Friday, July 01, 2005

Today is Canada's birthday ! 138 years old, today ! In celebration, I am working at the ROM with the flag stuck in my hair. I am adorable. So far, people have either tried to ignore it because, I suppose, they're embarrassed by such demonstrations of patriotism, or have loved it. I'm waiting for some Americans to make a condescending joke, for which I will look at them as if they were speaking in tongues. Maybe they will behave themselves. At any rate, I'd wanted to wear my "Canadian Girls Kick Ass" teeshirt, but it's simply not appropriate for the Info desk. ;)

Also, I am wearing an orange shirt, and no one has said anything, which strikes me as odd, considering considering I've never worn orange before.

Eight days from now, Tanya will be getting married. I will be picking up my dress on Tuesday, and the bride's crinolines before I leave. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take the Greyhound, which is inconvenient, but I can't afford to rent a car at the moment, and I'll be able (I think) to hitch a ride back with A&C on the Sunday. As for the other wedding, next month, the dress is in and I need to pick it up. I'll shoot for sometime soon, and then I'll take it to a friend for alterations. And I'm currently working on Tracy's invitations for her wedding in the fall, as well as trying to figure out where my dress went.

As for the invitation design, it's finally coming together and I'm very happy about it. I just need to speak to her to run the concept past her in order to make sure she's alright with it. I'd really hate to spend hours on it only to discover it was really not what she wants. My plan is to finish the draft this week. Also, I need to talk to the mother of the bride about, you know, bridey things.

Aside from working and riding the bus to London, ON, and whatnot, my week is getting crammed with Things that Take Time(tm).

  • Passport office

  • Dress fitting

  • Riding lesson/practice x2

  • Pay tuition

  • Get International Student Card

  • Tracy's invitations



Okay. On Monday I'm also planning going to Casa Loma for their four day mini-Renaissance festival. I know a couple of people who will be there, so that will be extra fun. I'm trying to convince a mopey co-worker to come with me to that. She needs to get out and do something other than pine for her lost (and very lame) love.