Friday, April 29, 2005

Let's talk a little more about Revelations, hmm? There are a number of forums out there on the web talking about it, and of course, it was "slashdotted" (slashdot.com) shortly after it was released. There's a delicious rumour out there that the team behind "Rev" was all just a bunch of Lucas plants put out to make a fake fan film in order to drum up interest in the forthcoming Episode III, out on May 19th. I'm not one of the gloried CG artists, I don't get all the attention, but my role was significant and I'm very happy to have been a part of it. It is particularly nice knowing that my storyboards really did make it onto the big screen.

The film is doing exactly what it was hoped, its momentum is building and more and more people are taking note. It has surpassed 10,000 downloads, and if each download was watched by two people, which isn't a stretch at all, we're talking about 20,000+ viewers. Not bad for a fan film's first two weeks. The buzz suggests that those at The Ranch have even taken note, and, God, that is bloody exciting. I once applied to work for them, and though I received a rejection letter in the mail, in a weird way... I still win ! I know for a fact that a number of the CG artists at ILM have privately screened it and were impressed... And that means my work, too.

For an article about it, one of many, read this one from the New Zealand Herald. And when they talk about art talent from Canada... they mean me. :)