Sunday, March 13, 2005

Oh man. I didn't write about the gala? Yikes. It seems like forever ago, now, too. It was a far greater success than I imagined it would be, and I didn't think it would suck. In fact, it was a rollicking fun time and I enjoyed working the event. My programme and little wine glass tags looked really professional and I was quite proud when my mother thanked me from the podium. Once, I would have been horribly embarrassed to be acknowledged by my mother publicly, but I'm not twelve anymore, and it makes a big difference. I was very proud to be her daughter, too; she the president of a more than adequate community symphony. Not only that, but I was lucky enough to enjoy the event for what it was and posed for a pair of photographs at the photo booth, bid on a couple of items in the silent auction, and sat for my caricature. The caricaturist was really funny, and is the creator and force behind The Super Popular Show. Neat. I was given a standing invitation to visit the animation studios, so I think I might. Maybe this week, when the next assignment is in.

Speaking of assigments, this past week was GRUELLING. There were all the official assignments, and then there were a number of seemingly small, but surprisingly involved, extra projects I took up for the cause of my group's exhibition. I designed a logo that I am RIDICULOUSLY proud of. You can see it in my gallery at DeviantArt. Yes. I created it from scratch.

In other news... after a long day of work, Rick, who'd picked me up and the ROM, and I went to Sneaky Dee's for dinner. I was needing nachos and he needed some wings. We walked from the museum to the bar because I wanted the exercise and it wasn't too cold today. Our route took us through the UofT campus, which I've always enjoyed walking through (albeit, moreso since having graduation - I think it's the obligation, thing), and I saw three sure signs of spring. The fist was a robin hopping about the lawn of Trinity College. The second, and ultimately the MOST satisfying, sign was the appearance of a plethora of tiny crimson-tipped pale green/yellow shoots just errupting the soil's surface just a few buildings further along Harbord. The third was a guy in shorts. Seriously. I think he was a little over optimistic, but spring can't be far away now. Nevermind the five centimetres of snow that fell in less than an hour...

Also, we saw Phil the Alien tonight, which was possibly the silliest movie I've seen in a very, very long time, and certainly the silliest Canadian movie I've ever seen, and I enjoyed almost every second of it. I laughed my ass off, one might even say. Go, see it ! It's Canadian, so it won't last longer than two weeks.