Tuesday, March 01, 2005

March seems to have come in as a lion, roaring majestically, reminding us all that this is still winter, even if there have been a few robin sightings. It's really beautiful outside, I must say. Unfortunately, what with the up-and-down of the air pressure, I have developed a migraine. No surprise, there, but nonetheless, irritating. It's still snowing out, and I'm hoping that by tomorrow, I'll finally get out my skis and have a little jaunt. I'll do it in the evening, when no one is out, though, because, well, firstly, I love snowy nights, and secondly, there won't be anyone to see me as I embarrass myself. I haven't been cross-country skiing since highschool, I think.

Saturday is the Peterborough Symphony Orchestra's Swing into Spring gala, an event that has been plagued by unfortunate events. Hopefully, the gala itself will go very smoothly and raise the PSO some needed money and will be the first in a long future of gala evenings. It is a wine and food pairing event, with music by a pair of ensembles (out of the PSO) and the popular local band, Felix and the Swing Cats. Nicole of Nocturnalia and her beau, Dan, will be coming out for the event. She will be a featured guest offering palm readings. Rick will also be out for the event, but I'm going to be pretty busy being all mingly with the guests. I had hoped that Al and Carrie would come, but I guess they're not planning on it, since I haven't heard anything. I didn't bother to invite Chris and Tanya, even though they might have come, since they're so darn social that if you don't book them a month in advance, at least, you can pretty much forget it.

Speaking of Tanya, my bridesmaid gown is ordered and now it's time to wait. Why it should take twelve weeks for a gown to come in I have no clue. If I can have something custom made from scratch in six, why does a prefabricated gown take twice as long? And then, of course, it will have to be altered. The bridal business is quite the racket, you know. The more experience I get in people's bridal parties, the more I realise that whatever I have, my wedding will be non-traditional - and I don't just mean my gown colour. Yeesh.

And now for something completely different: take the commonly confused words test ! I scored 100% Beginner, 93% Intermediate, 93% Advanced, and 66% Expert! With 100% better than everyone in my age group. I'm not sure how accurate the percentage for my age group is, but I don't doubt I scored higher than most.

Because I'm just like that.