Tuesday, January 11, 2005

It's Tuesday before noon and I'm killing time before my one o'clock class. I suspect that this will become part of my routine, spending an hour in the computer lab at Fleming in order to avoid the cafeteria or something. This morning's class was "Fundraising and Grantsmanship", which will, I suspect, be more interesting than I previously thought. While I personally despise raising money - it's well outside my interests - I seem to end up doing it more often than anything else. I don't know why that is, but I suppose this class will give me a boost in that area for all my inevitable non-profit fundraising activities of the future.

Yesterday was painful. I arrived at class with just barely four hours of sleep and was treated to possibly the least interesting talk (it isn't even worth calling a lecture) that particular instructor, whom I usually enjoy a lot, has ever given. It was eyeball-spooningly boring and succeded only in causing math anxiety in 3/4 of the class. For next week a calculator is needed. I haven't -needed- a calculator since grade 12 (when I finally completed grade 11 general math). There's even going to be a math TEST. For me, there is nothing so terrifying as a math test. Just thinking about it makes me tense. Following class, as much for exhaustion as for terror, I put myself back to bed and slept for another four hours.

In other news: I have very little to report. There's stuff on my mind, and I had a wild dream yesterday that I'd love to recount, but I'm just so uninspired that I think I'll end here.