Sunday, November 14, 2004

I am content. Even happy at times. Things are good. I feel great and love school. My job frustrates me, but I still enjoy it. I have good friends and a wonderful mother, and the best cat in the world. I have a great boyfriend and his mom likes me.

Last night was a night of simple pleasures, but totally enjoyable. It began with dinner and a drink in the company of my friend Cheryl. We went to the Bedford Ballroom to vent about work and enjoy each other's company. The food there is always good and usually very well priced and the staff are cool but not so cool as to be aloof like at so many similar restaurants on the College Street strip (maybe because it's not on College, eh?). We parted ways and I headed to Rick's (my weekend home, I guess).

We listened to "Old Orc Radio", an Internet radio show hosted by a good friend we both met on the MUD (who's real life wedding we attended back in the late summer 2001). We submitted a bunch of requests, all of which were played including the Kermit/Ladysmith Black Mombaso African Alphabet Song. We danced around naked and then around 11:30pm, we settled down to watch my favourite childhood movie, The Last Unicorn. I don't think I realised it was so much a favourite until I watched it last night. Tears ran down my cheeks through much of it and despite not having seen it in about fifteen years, I still remembered a lot of the script and, of course, songs.

Today, I'm in such a joyous mood, I can't begin to describe it. I'm happy and in love and all that good stuff. Tomorrow, I might be in a lousy mood, even later today, but right now, the magic of last night still lingers.

*love*

  • My #2 result for the SelectSmart.com selector, Which Discworld Character Are You?, is Death



    Scary, but my number one result was Captain Carrot. Huh.