Friday, June 18, 2004

I am cross-posting this from my livejournal, Me and Other Things, because it is worth mentioning twice:

I ran into an old friend on the subway. He's a musician and he used to front a band I loved with all my heart. Anyway, he looked great and we chatted a bit. He gave me his new CD, which I am now listening to (it's pretty good) and we re-aquainted ourselves and whatnot. Not that he'll be easy to reach for the next while as he is walking across Canada playing gigs at each stop to raise money for cancer research. The album is a solo project and so is the trek. Read about it here.

I was invited to his show last night, but the person who invited me left out the fact that all the money goes to raise funds... I would have actually made an effort to get Rick and myself out to the show. Anyway, he and I haven't been in touch much in the last three years, but I have to say, I'm really proud of him and what he's doing. I was concerned for him when we lost touch; living the 'rock and roll' lifestyle was beginning to take its toll. I wish him well and hopefully I will get a chance to see him perform at another time.

Good luck, Simeon !