Monday, May 03, 2004

Aside from Willi bathing me again (this time without blood and rubbing alcohol) I thought I'd talk about hanging out with an old friend with whom I thought I'd lost touch.

Many separations, many months of denying each other due to our own personal problems, attitudes, weaknesses, passed and today I know that regardless of what might keep us apart, Megan and I will always be able to come together once more. I had great fears for our relationship when I reached out to contact her a couple of weeks ago, and it felt awkward at first, but we got over it and danced and had fun. But today, there were no flashing lights, no black-light ornaments, no DJs or other bodies getting in the way. Today, it was just us.

Megs met me at the ROM after work and a union meeting and from there we walked through the UofT campus, down St. George, to Queen. We talked about life and our losses and gains. We talked of our plans, hopes and desires. We touched on the hurt and the fears. We wandered in and out of shops, mocking the stupid shoes and their spikey heels, drooling over Fluevogs, drooling on the Fluevogs... We played dress-up in corsets and velvet and strange panteloons. And we talked and talked and talked.

The most amazing moment came as we were walking along Queen to Bathurst. Bumping into each other as we walked, like we're always on a five stride intersect course.

Not saying anything.

We just walked, bumped into each other, and relished the presence of the other without needing to say a word. I knew right then that there was no need to say anything, only to be together. Good friends. It was really nice and deeper by far than any conversation we could have been having. I am glad that Megan is back in my life. I didn't see until today that without her there had been a piece missing from my life.

Ya. And we got stopped for a streeter about the smoking ban that will be coming into effect in the bars of Toronto. Neat.