Saturday, November 22, 2003

Tonight I am supposed to go dancing with Nicole - there's a Depeche Mode tribute tonight at the Reverb - only she's at Ritual tonight in Hamilton and because her home number is pooched, I can't get in touch with her to work out a meeting place or time. I suppose that I'll just go to the club around 10:30pm and hope to meet her there. I tried calling her at the store today, but she wasn't in, no doubt preparing for Ritual. Oh well. It a bunch of Depeche Mode fans - it's not like I'll be alone even if I don't go with anyone.

Last night, I went to dinner and a movie with Rick. It was nice, laid back and natural. We ate at Tortilla Flats down on Queen before going to the Paramount to see The Matrix: Revolutions. Dinner was very satifying. I had my usual, chicken quesadillas with a side of guacamole, while Rick had the enchiladas. We split a calamari appetiser and shared some deep-fried ice cream as well. It was very tasty. We went to Chapters to kill some time before the film and I was VERY good about not buying anything. The flick was being shown on the IMAX screen, which was nice, since it has such nice clarity of detail and excellent sound. I went in with an open mind, I figured Revolutions couldn't possibly be as bad as Reloaded was. I was right. I thoroughly enjoyed the concluding episode of the trilogy, but I could have easily seen the whole thing be a two film series, rather than three. I found the likely unintentional Christian symbolism very amusing. Sure, some of it was intended; however, I am fairly certain that some of it was deemed to look 'right' or 'cool' and the artistic directers never even noticed that all this imagery looked right because it had a long history in visual iconography. See? My Art History degree IS useful.

Anyway, following the movie, we took a long walk along Queen and stopped for a quick drink at The Ancient. Rick said, as we walked up from the Paramount, "it's over, isn't it?" My answer was simple, but not lacking in reflection. I said that it was. I really have gone and thought about things and I just don't want to be in a relationship right now. Nothing has changed from before, I still love Rick, I still enjoy his company. If anything, I have come to respect him more and certainly did not take his company for granted. That was the reason for the long walk. We needed to talk. I cried, of course, but I am so impressed by his maturity through all this. If anything, he has shown himself more mature than me. All this and he's four days into quitting smoking, too. It seems my needing time to think about things also has allowed him to re-evaluate himself as well. I am very proud of him and know that he will succeed.

In other news, there isn't much other news. I'm finishing up some projects begun a long time ago and generally taking it easy. I'm trying to think of what to wear tonight. It's not supposed to be cold, so I might consider a skirt, but I much prefer dancing in pants. I'd like to wear my cute pink pvc tie, but I don't know that I've got a shirt here with which it will match. Damn those impulse purchases. I get a discount to the cover charge if I wear something DM related, though, so I guess I'll wear one of my shirts. I'm not really in the mood right now, but I'll probably change that with some carefully selected albums played before I go.