Thursday, November 20, 2003

My mother's computer is unacceptably slow. It defeats the purpose of using windows when there isn't enough to keep more than one large program running at once. I'm trying to work with Photoshop and nothing is functioning at anything close to an acceptable slowness. Well, I guess I know what I'm getting Mom for Hanukkah: RAM. I just don't know if I can handle working from her house at this rate. Perhaps Hanukkah will come early this year. It's five days earlier than Christmas this year. I get kind of irritated when they come together, for as many know, mine is a multifaith house and though Hanukkah is by no means comparable in importance to Christmas, I really hate that the former gets swallowed up by the ta-dum of the latter.

Anyway, no further news about Scarlette. The garage hasn't called us back about having her wrecked yet. I'm not looking forward to it. Tomorrow, before I come back to Toronto - *gasp* on the Greyhound - I will visit the garage and take out the things that need removing. I wonder if the window clings will come off without leaving their images behind on the glass. You have no idea how upset I am over all this. A---- didn't believe me when I told him that I cried when I got the news. You know, it's not so much the fact that I'm forced to take the transit everywhere I go now, or that I have to take the *gasp* Greyhound, or even that at least Scarlette provided me with an alternate option to most transportational needs. It is about her. I love my car. I wanted to drive her until I turned thirty. I used to joke that I inteded to drive her until she started to appreciate in value again.

So, I'd write happy knews about Tootles the mouse, only after the brutal night that was suffered at the paws of cats (Willi facters significantly here), or at least the horrors of having a night of harrassment that nearly had the cage on the floor, he suffered what we think was a stroke. I'm very sorry to have had this happen. I really liked Tootles. I know that for a while, the food was a favourite. He might never have tasted broccoli, lettuce, cheese, or apple. Moral of the story? Keep single-minded, annoying clever cats away from rodents in cages. So, now there's a cage with all the fixings and no mouse. I'm trying to persuade my mother that feeder mice are VERY cheap and while not as fluffy and adorable as Tootles was, they will at least fill a void. The question remains, though, where to put the cage where specifically Willi cannot get it.

Okay, on a positive note, I have been doing some art. I'm working on a new Sculpy clay figure. She's shaping up nicely and I have grand plans for her. She's already way ahead of the last figure I did several months back. I plan to make her a little outfit and paint her and give her hair. It's just another way to channel creative energies. And ultimately, it's more enjoyable than fighting with Mom's computer. Also, I thought I'd mention, I have an Elle-Jay now, for less insightful commentary - and where people can leave their own comments. Hah.