Saturday, November 29, 2003

Friday caused a migraine. Okay, maybe it wasn't Friday's fault, perhaps the weather is to blame, but regardless, I woke up this morning and called into the ROM to say I'd be in later. Then I called in later to say that I wouldn't be able to come in. I should have known last night when I couldn't fall asleep that a migraine was on the way. Stew was home and settled into bed before I actually fell asleep. I worked, read, wandered about, watched television, read, lay in bed, but did not sleep. The upside to it, though in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't the best upside ever, was that Willi spent most of the day under the covers with me. At one point, probably around a quarter after two, Tobe came in and did her typical "hi, hi? Oh. Hi?" meow and was horrified when the blankets started to growl. Poor Tobe backed out of my room in fear. Go, Willi !

I was going to make salmon steaks for dinner tonight, but hopefully, since they were frozen, they'll last in the fridge until Sunday night. I ended up eating a frozen dinner because I just couldn't bring myself to actually cook. Not really feeling up to doing anything that involved thinking, either, I decided to get a start on my dough ornaments. This is a project I'll be doing with Sierra. I have to go out and get some craft paints, though maybe my tempra paints will be good enough. She and I will paint them, hopefully this Wednesday afternoon. It was a project that I fondly remember doing with Mom when I was about five years old and the decorations still hang on our tree every year. I hope Sierra will enjoy it as much. Of course, she'll get to keep a bunch of them for her own tree and I'll keep some for ours here in Toronto. I will also probably make a bunch to give to people as presents, since I'm really not feeling wealthy enough to buy things.

Rick and I are going to see Lion King tomorrow night. This would be the fulfilment of a promise first made something like two and a half years ago. It's going to be a little awkward, I think, considering where we're at, but I really want to see it and I only really want to see it with him. It's a bit of a shame that Scarlette has passed on, as I hate wearing evening dress on the TTC, but what can you do? Maybe I'll spring for a cab home. Anyway, I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

I have a lot of work hours over the Christmas holidays. This is good. They're mostly short shifts, which is not so good, but eventually, they do add up. I'll be home for the important days, but there will be quite a bit of back and forth between Toronto and Peterborough, as always. There is at least one day I'm working where I'll earn holiday pay, as well, so that will be nice. I'm hoping that I'll get the money I'm owed for other things in the near future, though, as rent is due on Monday.

Speaking of Monday, two things are happening that are both very exciting. After all the election stuff, Monday is finally the swearing-in. I will be there, of course, but I have a nasty feeling that it's going to be taking place nice and early in the day. Also...

I can't remember what the other thing was. I guess that means it is time to quit for the night. I shall check on my dough ornaments and have a shower, then I shall hie me to bed.