Thursday, September 04, 2003

I am currently reading Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. It's one of four books in a Dover Thrift Edition set that I own. I've had it for at least three years and yet I've never gotten around to reading any of the books. Other titles in the set are Pride and Prejudice, The Picture of Dorian Gray, and A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. Naturally, I've started with the shortest of the four texts. At any rate, it makes good (and it -is- good) reading on the bus/subway to and from the Primerica office, the site of my various interviews.

So, it seems I've signed on with them. I'm not sure how to explain this, but I liken it to how I ended up attending UofT. In retrospect, the latter decision taught me a lot but was not terribly wonderful, so hopefully this will be a more adventurous and exciting venture. I'm going in tomorrow, yet again. I am going to set out with my mentor a schedule for training and whatnot. This does lead me to a question that I really must ask, and that's whether any of this training is paid. I suspect it isn't, considering the company is actually paying for my course, training, and licencing. Yes, I'm going to be a licenced financial representative. How weird is that? Anyway, from where I'm sitting, it looks like it will provide me with a good deal of experience outside the Broader Public Service. Yet, I can't help feeling just a little weirded out by all this. It just seems too... I don't know... easy? Maybe.

On an unrelated note, I've got work featured on a videogame fansite. Check it out.