Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Greetings and salutations. I'm still at Mom's a bit longer than I'd anticipated, but isn't that always the way? After so long not having a work schedule, it is much harder than I thought to return to one. So, here I am, but soon I'll be heading for Toronto once more.

Jean left for the cottage, well, for her home out there, not our cottage, and the house is strangely quiet. Mom is subdued, in part because she's finally able to crash since coming back from Quebec, in part because having Jean here was lots of fun, and also in part because she's not at her best. She's having severe ankle problems and has even been prescribed antibiotics to keep the infection at bay. I'm doing a lot of up and down work for her, as in laundry, because she is not comfortable on the basement steps. I want her off her foot as much as possible. While Jean was here, Jean nagged her to stay off her feet, but once I'm gone, I'm afraid my mother's natural tendency will be to start doing things. Maybe not this time, though.

I've picked up some new contracts and commissions, lately, so I'll have my work cut out for me, aside from the work I am already doing for people who will remain nameless and, theoretically, at the ROM as well. I have to start budgeting my time more carefully, now, though if memory serves, I actually get more done when I'm busy than when I have less on my plate. This is what I wanted, right? I wanted contracts. Well, I have one now, it's short notice graphic design work, but it's fairly interesting and good experience.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be in the office all day, which will be exciting. It will be my first day of looking pretty in the office and being useful in an office managerial sort of way. Whee ! Good thing I did my laundry so I will have lots of clean clothing to wear. It's also a good thing that the staff meeting/training I was supposed to attend in the ROM membership department has been postponed to next week. This month is a busy, busy month. This is good, being busy keeps my mind off of other things and reminds me that I am a valuable member of a team. That sounds kind of ... I don't know, but it sounds like something I would never have said before. Ah well, I guess things do change.