Saturday, June 21, 2003

Alright, it's Saturday, I only woke up an hour ago - my alarm clock is not the boss of me - and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is out in stores. I'm not joining the queues for it, as I haven't even read book four yet. I take them slowly, with other books in between, because paperback is just so much cheaper than hardcover. Anyway, to my friends who pre-ordered it, enjoy it, and DON'T spill the beans, please.

News from the Kitty Front: Well, shortly after my last kitty update, things went downhill pretty fast. Tobe decided she didn't like being this sweet, affectionate, non-violent creature, and jumped Willi several times. In the last few days, we've had several installments of Alone Time. That said, a strange and intriguing development has materialised. Twice now, first in Stew's room, then in mine, the girls slept within a couple of feet of each other, on our beds, laps, etc. So, I begin to see that much of their disagreement is unnecessary and they clearly can share their people and their rooms. Silly animals. Of course, when Stinky Bee and I go to my cottage next week, Pork Chop will pine.

I'm pretty excited about going up to the cottage. It's been forever since I was there in the early summer, but of course, I'll be there before blueberry season. Gar. I'll be opening it up for the first time, too, so, that should be an adventure with mouse poop. I've invited Ryan, who's living in Ottawa, because I think we need a day together, or at least dinner. I think he'll enjoy the cottage too, and it will allow him a chance to decompress. I called his cell and it was like, "You've reached.... senior policy advisor for the Right Honourable Joe Clark...." So, I left a message reminding him that Joe retired and signed off as, "Maya Hirschman... Director of Visual Communication to the President of the Federal NDP...."

I have a ridiculously busy few days coming up before I leave. I am continuing with my work for the Leukemia Research Fund of Canada (thanks to Booboo) and I'm busy with some campaign work for Boo, as well, plus I'm working at the ROM tomorrow followed by the Nick Cave concert and on Monday night, Boo's campaign kick-off party. Yeesh. So, naturally, I have decided to write in my weblog. I'm such a wise user of time. ;)

Anyway, I know I promised my conclusions about Detroit, but they'll happen when they happen. Currently, I'm just not in right place to revisit them. Maybe when I finally get my pictures developed. Now, back to work. I have an hour and a half before I have to think about getting to D&D so I had better get cracking.