Thursday, May 22, 2003

Well, there was much in the way of kitty fisticuffs today. After a certain amount of yelling from one's bed, one has to just give up. I don't know who won or lost, but I was aware of Stinky Bee joining me under the covers some time later. At the time time, I thought it was because she wanted to hide with mummy, which still might be true, but looking at her today, she is walking about the house with some amount of confidence. Cats are so complicated.

Last night, we had much cat silliness, too. Stew and I were watching late-night television and Pork Chop missed the mark on the kitchen windowsill. Almost in slow motion, we watched her tumble and try desperately to hold on with one paw as she plummeted to he floor. We couldn't help it, we laughed very hard and she scurried through the living room to go sulk in Stew's room. Then, some time later, Stinky got in the cleaning bucket and ... peed. At first I thought it was because she's disaffected and upset because Tobe had been especially naughty last night, but when I took Willi to the litter and put her in it to remind her of its existence, I realised that the litter needed cleaning. And BOY did it need cleaning. When I realised just how dirty it was, especially considering that Stew had cleaned it the day before, I think I would have peed in the bucket too. Dear God, it was rank.

Now I'm waiting for a courier to arrive with photographs for me to use for some of the stuff I'm doing for Booboo. I'm also waiting for some stuff from B______. I can see this is going to be an exciting day, full of waiting. Woo ! Anyway, in other news, I have been busily applying for work. I'm a busy little mouse, yes I am. Also, in some time of procrastination over the last couple of days, I did a rather sweet illustration of two kids on a pony that turned out quite nicely. I tried to write a little story about the picture, but got stuck about a hundred words in.

Maybe I'll get out of my pjs and do some room cleaning while I wait for the courier. Or, maybe not. There's something kind of nice of having my shifts canned for the week. Getting dressed, for instance, is optional.