Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Ranting is something we all do, and many of us enjoy doing it. It's a release, a way to blow off steam; about our jobs, politics, our relationships, friends, cars, you name it. For my mother, it's The Osbournes. You have not heard a rant until you've heard my mother fume about them, specifically Ozzy, every time the commercials air on CTV. Oh my lord, she says the same thing every time. For me, it's usually about drivers and how they've managed to rank Toronto worse than Montreal for bad driving. It's true, Toronto rates worse than the traditional bad-driver centre of Canada. Lane changes - Hello, people, you've got a turn signal for a reason ! Road rage - I know all about that and have the dinged hood to prove it. You get the idea. I hate bad drivers. I went to CAA drivers' ed.; mostly, I still use the skills they taught me. Did other people NOT learn how to drive properly? How did these monumentally bad drivers manage to get their licences? I mean, come on. I might be a speeder, but I don't endanger other... But, if I'm not driving, I'm taking the bus, and have I ever told you how bad the Dufferin bus is? Holy shit, it's consistently the worst bus route I've ever ridden in all my bus-riding history in Toronto.

Ranting. It's fun. But it gets annoying after a while. I could write a rant about how tiresome it is listening to people go on and on about what annoys them, but I won't.

Recently, I saw a tank on the back of a flatbed truck pulled over at a rest stop on Highway 115. That was a pretty weird site. I've seen military vehicles on the 401 - it's a massive highway and it passes several Canadian Forces Bases - but the 115? We're talking about a highway with a speed limit of 90 for most of it heading out into the boonies of central Ontario... I know, they were taking the tank out to deal with the encroaching threat of bikers cum blueberry sellers and the rebel forces of nature that are reclaiming all those boarded up motels.

I'm rather facetious today, aren't I?

Other news: Willi is loving me and loving Peterborough. She has been following me around since I got out here yesterday, sleeping with me and curling up near me whenever possible. I think she missed me while I was gone, and though the garden and its many climbable trees (something she's been successfully experimenting with) and tempting birds is lots of fun, it's just better when I'm around. It's nice. Of course, later today, she'll be coming back to Toronto to find a strange (and I do mean strange) man living in the room that I used to live in, with me in the room she previously hadn't been allowed in, and Nick having been replaced by Tobie, the rotund interloping female cat that came with aforementioned strange man, Stew. Boy, is life ever interesting.

I've been working these last few days on Booboo's stuff. It's paying work, I might add, so it's sort of hit my priority list. And, none of it requires my using Booboo's image ! Huzzah ! Of course, if all the information came to me with all the requirements spelled out, that would be nice, but it's alright. I've got some free rein here and each time a change needs to be made, I just smile and remind myself that I'm being paid. By the hour.

Finally, I've updated my Elfwood gallery again. I can't remember if I mentioned this or not. Anyway, I added a couple new Tolkien inspired pieces, a character portrait and an impy lady. No Moderators' Choices for me this time; oh well, I guess three in less than a year is pretty good, right? *laugh*