Friday, May 02, 2003

I have the strongest urge to write a story today, but a weblog entry will have to suffice as I'm currently at work. I do want to write something fictional... or draw. I got this pretty keen inspiration for a picture based on the lyrics of a song that I was listening to last night while organising my room. Neil Diamond, of all things; just have this great image of Brother Love preaching at his Traveling Salvation Show.

Stew has moved in now, cat and all. The couch couldn't fit up the stairs, so my room won't be its repository after all. Goodwill lucked out, instead. I've got two bookcases completely loaded - almost all my books are up. I'm going to keep my third case for my toys and computer/work related matter. Mom's going to help me find a nice wall shelf that is set on brackets (I keep thinking 'buttresses') so I can get my stereo up on the wall. I've got half of my art hanging now, too, with places chosen for at least a couple other works. I said stew came with a cat. Indeed, the new addition is named Toby (not sure on the spelling) and she's a very cute, somewhat rotund little busy-body. Hopefully, Willi and she will get along or at least ignore each other. We'll find out soon enough. I'll be bringing Willi back on Monday or Tuesday.

Anyway, I was thinking about where in the world I would like to visit if I could spend time (and money) traveling. So, I compiled a list of places that I haven't already been.

I'd like to cross Canada and take the Yukon/Alaska highway. New Orleans; New Mexico, Nevada, Calafornia; North Carolina; Peru; Brazil; Chile; Italy, specifically: Florence, Rome, Pompeii & Hurculaneam; Denmark; The UK, in depth; Japan; Indonesia; Iran; Kenya (always wanted to go); Tanzania; South Africa; Egypt; New Zealand. This is by no means an exhaustive list, just places that currently interest me, those in italics being at the top of my list.

As you can see, it's a very taxing day at work. I'm stuffing tax receipts into envelopes for want of other things to do. If you don't allow yourself a break every half hour or so, you'd go 'potty' as one of the senior volunteers said. I suppose she meant 'crazy' rather than 'pee', but with the amount of water I drink when I'm doing this, either could be true.