Monday, April 28, 2003

The weather over the last couple of days has been magnificent. Spring has sprung and the buds are budding. Saturday's 'breakfast' meeting involved doughnut holes, so after the productive (if unsatisfying) two-hour meet, we all picked up and went to the Black Horse pub for some lunch. The Black Horse is fast becoming the campaign team neighbourhood hang-out. Sitting out on the patio was great - warm, peaceful. The conversation was better than my sandwich, which was disappointing, but the fries are amazing. I dawdled there longer than I'd meant to and by the time I left some two hours later or so, I had a legitimate sunburn ! That night I was back in the Petes to volunteer my impressive sales skills (*laugh*) to the renewal campaign at the season's final concert. Well, I did rather well, scoring several donations and at least a couple new subscriptions. I think it must have been the cleavage. ;)

I was in TO yesterday for some ROM fun. It would have been a bore had I not been working with the people I was, who were entertaining and silly. There were very few people visiting the museum, most likely because the day was so beautiful. Why would you want to go into a museum when you could be out doing things in the wonderful weather? I fully understood. I hopped back into Bernadette (I borrowed Mom's car for the commute) and came back to the Petes where I helped Mom in the garden for an hour or so before taking a much deserved nap.

Willi is now allowed to go out into the garden for semi-supervised outings. The rule is that either Mom or I have to be out with her. She's wearing an old collar that belonged to Chester and is having a blast. She was out for hours and hours yesterday, climbing trees, stalking birds and squirrels, following Chester around and generally having a gay old time. She joined me for my nap and then slept soundly with me almost all night long. Talk about a tired kitty.

Today, I'm trying to do some work for Booboo and get my resume out to a few places. It's a tough slog, but I'm determined to find something soon. I think I might have to resign from the fanfilm I'm working on, though, due to serious time constraints. I'm not a superhero and as much as I want to be involved, it's nearly impossible. My skills aren't up to the task and my time doesn't permit me to relearn them. How very disappointing.

Tonight, I'm going to see Russian Ark that fascinating film that chronicles Russian history all in one take. It gets amazing reviews, but I know of at least two people that dozed off at points, so we'll see how it is. I'm pretty keen to see it and expect that it will at the very least be an interesting experience. Anyway, it's time to get me gone as I must get ready for my visit to the doctor - it's annual physical time.