Monday, March 10, 2003

This past weekend was quite a busy one. I'll be brief in describing certain events. Friday night was the major G________ fundraising dinner, where I had an official role of mingling and shmoozing. The event was a lot more fun than I ever thought it could be and I had a blast. I was sitting with Brendan 's father, who was a blast and is one of the people responsible for the very cool windmill power generator down by the water. Across from me was an editorial writer from the National Post, named Neil Hrab. He was great fun. Most everyone I met were very nice or interesting and all of a sudden, three hours had passed and I had to get to Guelph.

Tracy is my reason for going to Guelph. I try to visit her every few months. It's always fun. The first night, though, when I arrived, I just crawled into bed. I was wiped out. On Saturday, we talked and hung out, went and bought food for dinner. When we got home and were preparing to make dinner, the power browned out so much that all the major appliances stopped running. So, we made fruit salad and set candles out on the table and spent a couple hours talking with Mel, Tracy's housemate. Eventually, the power came back on and Tracy and I made our very delicious and garlicky dinner. We then watched Gladiator, crying copiously, and following it up with Legend. Sunday, we just chilled out for a few hours after sleeping very late, and around 3:30, I left Guelph to return to Toronto.

I usually make the trip in forty-five minutes, which is about fifteen minutes less than the drive should take, but because of an investigation on the 401, due, I found out later from Rick, to someone having been thrown out of a minivan at high speed and turned into road pizza, I spent about two hours on the road. Gah. I met Nicole down at her store and we chatted and went to Tortilla Flats for dinner, before I headed to Sandra and John's for John's birthday party. Yes, yesterday was quite a long day for me.

I was greeted at home by some very unpleasant email. Actually, only one unpleasant email. Sadly, from my sister's boyfriend who is as Rick says, "young, dumb, and full of cum." It was in response to the same "Appology to Americans" that I refered to in my last entry. I got flamed. Royally. So, I had to respond. Initially I wrote a very nasty response, but then realising that it was my sister's boyfriend, I toned it down, then ran it past Nick before sending it on. I was going to post it here along with my response, but I decided that I'd let it go. Chances are, tonight or tomorrow, I'll end up with another flame in my email, because he's too young to know how to engage in a proper debate, and I'll just let it drop. I'm sorry that this was my introduction to him, but as long as he treats my sister well, I'll let him keep his kneecaps.

Anyway, I've been assigned Zhanna's office for the fanflick that I'm working on. It's going to be a HUGE challenge, since the scene was shot against a green screen and I've rarely done any sort of room setting, but I think I'll figure it out. Plus I've got to do thank you cards for A&C and also for Adam. Finally, I'm preparing for Ad-Astra, which I'll be helping Nicole at. I'll have several exciting new pieces hanging at the show, and hopefully I will actually sell them. Oh, please, please, please. Which leads me to one last thing. I have updated my Elfwood sites. All of them have new stuff up, so I expect some nice new comments. Click the links at the top right of the screen to visit my sci-fi, story, and fan art galleries.