Thursday, February 27, 2003

I'm wearing my new pants and shirt from Tallgirl ! Sandra hemmed up my pants yesterday and all is well. They look swank and I've already had several compliments.

Tonight is a CD release party for my mom's friend, Carmen Jones, and initially my mother had planned on coming into town for it. Unfortunately, she's too sick with a migraine today to make it, which I'm afraid dulls my own excitement somewhat. Also, I'm having wicked stomach cramps and have been since last night. I don't know if it's something I ate, or what, but it hurts and I really want to lie down.

On Monday night, I took Derek to see Ladytron at the Phoenix Concert Theatre. The waiting outside in line definitely sucked as the temperature was below frigid and the wind was blowing hard making it even worse. The opening band, unanounced and hard to understand, was pretty good, but I have no idea who they were. The 'special guests' were a band called Simian and they ... well, for the first four songs they were enjoyable. The second four songs proved that they really only had four songs and a set of rotating lyrics. In other words, quite boring. Ladytron, however; was very good. They're not that exciting on stage and the music is not that deep layered synth sound I love so much, but they're highly danceable and quite cool. I did thoroughly enjoy them. I danced so hard at one point that I ripped the crotch of my jumpsuit. Oh dear.

I went to Carrie's on Tuesday and was greeted by a surprise. Tanya was there ! She'd brought Krispy Kreme doughnuts and you know what? I still think they're creepy weird. Doughnuts shouldn't melt on your tongue, it's just ... wrong. Anyway, Tanya modeled her bridesmaid gown and I got to see how it looked. Gosh, did it look good. I'm pretty excited to be getting mine all done tomorrow. Woo !