Wednesday, December 04, 2002


What box do you get put in?

brought to you by Quizilla

Well. I think that says a lot. I took the test another two times, using my second and third choice answers and came out 'geek' both times. Meh, whatever.

Anyway, I was in a union executive meeting all day today and it was exhausting. First, I went to the ROM, thinking it was going to be held there. I found out in Human Resources that, indeed, they had no idea where it was being held. I ran into Jacques, a nice full-timer from Education dept. and he called the OPSEU office to find out. In the mean time, I handed in my resume to Keenan for the site sales job. God, I hope I don't blow that interview... Anyway, Jacques and I took the transit down to the OPSEU office on University Avenue and discovered that we weren't late. Good for us. Anyway, it was a "Steward Strategic Planning" session and it covered a lot of the stuff that I did in the Steward Training last year, but it was a good refresher course. It could have been much worse, but regardless, eight hours of OPSEU talk is a LOT to take in.

I can't work on the invitations tonight as I'd planned as A&C haven't finished the wedding text. Silly priest not giving them a time for their wedding. I'm going to lettraset their names, because it's that super cool gothic manuscript text, but I think I'll do the main body in a nice script on the computer. I love them, but it's not worth it to kill myself over the kerning and placement of each letter. I'm glowing with excitement about the front of the piece, though. The painting turned out amazing, and when I thought the coats of arms would overpower the illuminated border, it turned out that I was wrong. It looks really good, and I don't often say that sort of thing about my work. Anyway, they'll have time to critique it tomorrow night, since I'll be bringing it over when I come for dinner.

That's all for now. I'm freezing and I think I'm going to Megan's again for some more re-run Buffy on Space, followed by ... you guessed it, The West Wing.