Friday, September 27, 2002

Rain. A beautiful thing. Sure, it can be a frightful inconvenience, such as this morning on my way to work; no one can drive when the roads get wet and traffic grinds nearly to a halt. For the most part, though, I think rain is lovely. It makes the city smell nice, which is no small feat, it cleans the cars and streets. It sounds lovely and it feels lovely (when it's not too cold). Today is one of those lovely autumnal rainy days. The rain is, I think, technically the end of Isadore, the hurricane, though its lost all of its force. So, it's just a nice rainy day.

I've been working somewhat diligently on some storyboards for the fan film. The director asked me to do two scenes to be shot mid-October, but he wants them for the weekend. I had to email him to explain that there was no way I would be able to get him both by then. I've got too much on my plate. I've started work on the ICC/ROM web thing. I sent some suggestions to Julian and now await his final copy. I've also met with Brett, the web guy, and he's a sweetie. Things aren't moving as fast as I would like, but the hold-up is not on my part. I remember the familiar feeling of spinning wheels from when I worked at the government.

I have no plans to do work tomorrow at all. Carrie and I will be heading over to Sandra's for a discussion on bridesmaid dresses. Following that, we may join Al and Rick for dinner and a movie. If A&C can't make that, then Rick and I will do dinner and a movie ourselves. I extended the invite to Ryan and Colleen, but Colleen informed me that Ryan was in Ottawa, and so I gathered from her response that she would not be coming either. Oh well. Rick and I will be heading to the Word on the Street festival on Sunday to visit friends in booths and doing entertainment. That should be nice. I suppose that on Sunday night, I'll have to get back to work, though. My week is promising to be loaded with business, which is alright, I guess, because it keeps my mind on occupied.