Tuesday, September 17, 2002

I had a great weekend. Saturday afternoon and evening was spent in Stoney Creek with Rick, celebrating his parents' 25th wedding anniversary. His sister, Anna, seems to not dislike me anymore, which is nice and leads me to suspect she was just taking out hostility on me in order to goad him. She came with Rick and I in order to buy presents for his family. Rick and I went in on a gift certificate from Home Depot and he went in with Anna on a small entertainment centre for the living room. Dinner took us to the Mandarin in Burlington, which is fun, though if you're looking for Chinese food, that isn't where you'll find it. You will find, however; a wide array of scrumptious seafood such as mussels, crablegs (hot and cold), shrimp (breaded or chilled in the shell) and other tasty things. They actually had a very passable Cocquille St. Jacques all saucey and seafoody good. It's nice to have two pleasant visits in a row, since in the beginning of our relationship, I could hardly go out there when they weren't fighting.

Sunday, Rick and I went to Red Rose, the most delicious Indian restaurant in Toronto, as far as I'm concerned. This was to be my pre-Yom Kippur dinner and it was perfect. I doubt it was kosher, but it was delicious and filling. I had the curried goat and Rick the lamb vindaloo. Yum, yum, yum. It was great and I didn't get hungry until after midnight that night. All in all, I fasted from about 6:30pm on Sunday until 7:30pm on Monday. It was relatively painless as far as fasts go. First of all, I do cheat, drinking water and whatnot, mostly because it's really BAD for you to dehydrate like that, and also because I've cut down my daily food intake by probably about a quarter. Yes, poverty will do wonders for one's figure. I can actually see that my face is thinner, though not so much for the rest of me. *laugh*

There's more to say, but I'm not feeling very talkative right now. I'd rather get back to storyboarding and whatnot. Oh, I've updated my Elfwood Lothlorien gallery again and in the next couple of days there should be some new stuff in my Elfwood Zone gallery. I have to actually get down TO it with my real sites, though. I've been very lax.