Friday, July 05, 2002

Woohoo ! I found the CDs I was looking for and my old sketchbook !! Go me ! My to-do list for the day includes reorganising my CD rack and getting the clothing up off my floor and putting the stuff in the box (underneath the pile of clothing) somewhere more appropriate. I am tired of living in grossness and since it's not so hot today (it's so nice out) I can work up a couple hours of energy to do this.

Anyway, so, let me bring this weblog up to date.

Monday, I went bridal shopping with Carrie, which was an utter bust since the only place open, it being Canada Day, was this shitty little store called the Princess Bride in the Chinatown Centre. The woman was less than helpful and all the dresses (and I do mean ALL) were hideous and under plastic. Every single dress had grotesque amounts of beadwork, and the one that didn't had rhinestones, instead. So, finding the humour in it all, Carrie and I went and hung out in Heretic and I got myself a bubble tea. Then we dropped in at Ryan and Colleen's place which we were happily NOT helping them move into. The place is nice, but considering they're paying for location (Yonge and St. Clair) the place is a fucking shoebox. A nice shoebox, but they could have used the 1300$ a month rent and gotten a fully fuctionaly, appointed two-bedroom in a nice neighbourhood, easily. I swear, their livingroom/dining room is as big as the room Nick sleeps in here. Their bedroom is not much bigger than what I am sleeping in, which is scary. The short story is that they are dorks for living there. It's pretentious and overpriced. It certainly will test their relationship considering they'll be in each other's faces every friggin' minute of the day. *shudders* I wouldn't even TRY that.

Tuesday: unexciting and utterly spacey day at the ROM. Everyone was feeling it and there were absolutely no managers present. One thing that happened was that I ran into Professor Nagel at the membership desk. I told him about seeing van der Weyden's Crucifixion Diptych at the Philadelphia Museum of Art back in April and how it brought tears to my eyes. He was thrilled that I'd had the chance to see it and that I'd found it so moving. I guess I don't have to email him now, but maybe I will anyway. Hah, maybe I'll ask him for a coffee. That's what graduates are supposed to do with their favourite professors, right? Or is that just in stories?

Wednesday: Okay, ROM staff party. Free booze. Yep. I don't think I'm allowed to drink on the job, but... whatever. :) Excellent food, too. The best potato salad I've ever had, which is pretty impressive since as a general rule, I find potato salad mildly unpleasant. I had to stay a bit later, though, to finish up what I would have had done by 5pm had I not spent half an hour at the party. Oh well, fair enough.

Yesterday, which would be Thursday, I worked a ridiculously dead day at the store. The heat had finally gotten to me, too, even though it was cooling off and the humidity had finally discipated. I had a low-grade migraine (the sort that can be dulled with painkillers but keep you feeling mildly queasy all day) and with permission of Sandra, I closed the store half an hour early. It was dead anyway. Rick came and wanted to suggest a picnic and I might have said yes were it not for my desperate need for airconditioning, well, that and the piling of garbage in parks thanks to the outside workers strike (and now there's an inside workers strike, too). We went to Tokyo Sushi instead and had delicious sushi and tempura. Much tastiness, though the new waitress made it less pleasurable than usual, but we can forgive her because she is soooooo cute. All their waitresses are. After dinner, the temperature outside being something akin to wonderful, we walked along Bloor to Book City where I picked up three sale books. It's amazing, three hard-backed books for less than twenty-five bucks. I love Book City.

Tonight and tomorrow, I'm helping Mark and Nicole with their booth at Toronto Trek. I'm also going to scout the prices that other artists are selling their work for. I need to start my planning for the Expo next month, afterall. Anyway, time to do do some organising with The Flaming Lips playing on my stereo. Nick will be happy that I found it. Long live geek rock.