Saturday, July 06, 2002

News from the first night of Toronto Trek 16: I GOT 'FANNED' !!

I got 'fanned' tonight at Toronto Trek. I was wearing my Sith Lords Kick Ass shirt and my vendor tag (I'm working in a friend's booth in exchange for free con attendance), which says my name. A girl kept looking at me and my shirt and then squinting trying to read my tag, then finally said, "Hey, you're not Maya who writes and draws for the Sith Academy, are you?" So, I said, "I sure am Maya that wrote and drew for the Sith Academy."

She SQUEALED. And bounced. And blushed. And said, "Ohmygodohmygodomygod ! I LOVE you !"

I admit to being slightly taken aback but was very gracious and shook her hand. Then I plugged the fact that I'll be selling my SA art at SFX in August and she squealed again. "Oh my goodness ! For real? For sale? I will definitely find you !!"

Okay then. The legacy lives on. I was mildly stunned for about an hour afterward. Nicole, the woman who's booth I'm working in thought it was... amazing.