Thursday, June 06, 2002

While I was walking home after work, living in the neighbourhood that I do, I was struck by a thought: I should have something hanging from the rear-view mirror in my car, namely, rosary beads (preferably with an attachable crucifix), or soccer colours. Maybe both.

On a different note, I went to Come As You are this evening after work, finding that it was open, mostly due to my not having stopped at Java for dinner, or driving home. Megan was working, which was good, because I haven't seen her in a gizillion years, which for us, is a really long time. She's looking good and we chatted for a bit. We've set a date for next Tuesday evening to get together, something we haven't done in months. I miss her. She's one of my closest girlfriends and we've been neglecting each other. While I was at the store she works at, it being a sex shop (but the nicest sex shop you will EVER visit), I checked out the new books and found, to my delight, a Taschen art book about erotic art in the 17th and 18th centuries. Well, though my pocket book is bare lately, I managed to put together the fourteen bucks I needed to buy the book. It's awesome ! Man, Rembrandt was a very colourful man. He drew a lot more than what we're used to seeing.

Derek came into the store today, as well, initially to find out if I wanted to have dinner with him, but also to show me his arm 'pocketing'. Uhg. It was fresh. While the steel bars implanted into his arm may look cool eventually, and sort of do now, from a distance, seeing them with the pen markings and dried blood only a few hours after having been done was DISGUSTING. It turned my stomach in the same way as seeing Mom get her IV changed when she was in the hospital a few years back. As I would have said in grade two, "Grody !" Definitely. We didn't end up dining, though, because the procedure had really wiped him out, so I encouraged him to go home and go to bed.

Kit Fisto rules. You don't believe me? Check this out.

I had a nice, if emotionally charged night with Rick last night. We've been having a little tension of late, and last night, I decided we needed to talk about it. The talk went well, though it was about things preferably ignored, but to do so would have ground our relationship into the dirt. I love Rick. Whatever the future holds... for now, it's in the future. As my mother would say, we just have to take it one day at a time. It would be a shame to forfeit something so nice as what we have by simple non-communicative stupidity. I'm glad we're good.