Friday, June 07, 2002

I'm shortly off to put my resume in at the Toronto Arts Council Foundation. Before I do, however; I thought I'd offer up a couple of interesting things from the most recent Star Wars Homing Beacon. Basically, they're running through a list of things you can notice that are either jokes, continuity bits, and bloopers.

It appears that Fett genes and low headroom don't mix. In an homage to the classic Star Wars misstep, wherein a stormtrooper bangs his head on a low-hanging door, Jango Fett also takes a wallop on the noggin -- complete with sound effect -- as he enters the Slave I after tangling with Obi-Wan. Now, Tanya noticed this, as did I, but I didn't think it actually brained him - apparently it did. Anyway, you were right, Tanya. *grumble*

"There's these big cow-like creatures called shaaks that Anakin rides on Naboo," explains Knoll. "The shaaks got to be a bit of a joke with the crew. I put one in the asteroid sequence, in a reference to Ken Ralston [visual effects artist in the classic trilogy] having put potatoes and tennis shoes in space battle scenes previously. So there's a shaak there, but it's got the asteroid shader on it with craters. You really can't see it unless you start to look at it and see the legs and snout." Now, I'm definitely going to have to watch for this. I once say the shoe - once, and never again - but a shaak? *laugh* People wonder why I want to work with these people? They're nuts.

I must go make myself clean now, in order to be presentable for turning up at the Arts Council. Right now, I'm wishing I had a computer printer at home, because first thing I have to do is go print out the resume and letter. *mutter* Maybe I'll ask for a really good one for my birthday... Maybe not. Maybe part of my tax return will go to a printer. I dunno. I'd use it so infrequently, I have to wonder if it's worth it, you know? Anyway, I'm stalling. I must go.