Wednesday, June 26, 2002

So, Anhe, the Russian slash site owner, got back to me and was profusely appologetic for not having asked permission. It turns out the story was taken from the Official Russian Translation of the Sith Academy, so, theoretically, permission was sort of half-way granted. They said that they would take Emaul down if I asked them to. They also promised to link to my site, if I didn't. Anyway, I told them to go nuts and use my art from it, too, if they wanted. I'm still so dumb-founded as to have my fanfic slash translated into Russian. So wacky.

I'm going to Al & Carrie's for a while tonight to drop off some charcoal pencils I bought on request of Carrie (on behalf of someone at work, or something) and to show them my first invitation design. I don't know if it's appropriate, and I mean it when I say that I want to give them at least three distinct ideas to choose from. Also, maybe I'll get to see the Harry Potter special bits on the DVD. No hinting here, nosirree.

Oh, and I will officially be selling my artwork at the Sci-Fi expo taking place at the Metro Convention Centre on the weekend of August 23-25(my birthday, by the way). I'll be putting in some of the cost of Nicole's booth, and taking over a corner of it in order to sell miniatures and artwork. I have permission from Siubhan (of the SA) to make money off of my SA pieces, if I choose. Her policy is, "You did it, you own it." Yay ! I'm so excited. I've been trying to think of how much I can charge for what sort of things. I'll do some research at Toronto Trek and see what other artists are hawking their goods for.