Tuesday, May 28, 2002

Wow, I had a very productive day today (uh, Monday). Sadly, it's ended up being a very late night, again, but whatever. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to sleep earlier. The ROM went fast. We actually ran out of my normal things to do, so I got to do other things that, while no more interesting, was, at the very least, different. Also, despite it being Monday, everyone was in pleasant moods. Or, if not pleasant, then at least peaceable. It was almost like the old days. Especially since Sara dropped in. Yay for Sara ! We went and sat in Philosopher's Walk and chatted for about three quarters of an hour, which was definitely nice.

A side note: Today, for the first time in six years of short hair, I was able to put my hair into a ponytail ! Not pig or puppy tails, but a real, back of the head, ponytail ! Pretty neat, if you ask me. And nice, I've sort of missed the feeling of hair-tied-back-ness.

After the ROM, I went to Dominion and bought plants for... planting ! Yay ! I think it's officially warm enough now so that they won't die. I bought two normal red geraniums which I planted with a pair of small chive tufts. I bought two ivy geraniums that Mom says will do nice trailing things and planted them with coriander. I also started one of my long plant boxes, with amazingly deep purple petunias on either end. Now I need to buy more potting soil and more flowers to fill the remaining pots and my little balcony garden will be ready. Ready for what, I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it will be .. ready !

Following that, I did some dishes and ate a rather uninspired dinner of pita and babaganouj and hummus. Yay? (Later, I upgraded my dietary needs with some yogurt and cereal, so I'm not going to die of malnutritioin, yet). Then, after some talking with Nick - yes, he's come home tonight, amazingly enough - I returned to Ray's page, which had caused so much grief this time last night. I made it all wonderful and fancy. It all works now, and while it still needs the bio updates, all the images are up and viewable. It's really nice, or so I think. I like how it looks, and I'm starting to get good at the whole layout game, too. That took a bit of time, but it didn't take as much as I thought it would, leaving me with an evening for more leisurely pursuits, such as hanging my wonderful Cowboy Bebop poster that I got at the con on Saturday, and playing on the MUD. Yay !

Tomorrow, after work, I'm going to write the article for the MUD Companion and then go to bed early. I really must start getting more sleep.